Welcome to Romulus Community Schools! We cannot wait to meet you and your family and show you why we are proud of this school district and community! If you are a new family moving into our district, your child is transferring, or you have questions about which school your children would attend, please call our school board office at 734-532-1600. If you know which of our seven schools your child will be attending, but have questions regarding classes, athletics, latchkey services, and more, please contact the school directly and they will be happy to assist you.
Please see our Interactive Google Map for help with locating our schools.
Please use the Address Locator to find out exactly which school your child will attend.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Romulus
- Every school has a 1:1 ratio for students to devices.
- Romulus High School boasts an esteemed Early College Program as well as a range of CTE programs to prepare your child for future careers.
- Every school embraces our 6 Career Pathways: Engineering, Manufacturing & Technology; Human Services; Arts & Communication; Business Management, Marketing & Technology; Health Sciences; Natural Resources & Agriscience
- Our district has reading interventionists, counselors, social workers, psychologists, Success Lab room teachers, special education teachers, and math support to help all learners achieve.
- Our district offers a wide range of classes and electives in choir, band, foreign languages, science, math, technology, art, and robotics club.
If you would like to schedule a tour of any of our seven schools during the school year, please contact the school directly to make an appointment. Additionally, tours are not regularly scheduled during the summer due to cleaning and maintenance. Please call the school board office for additional assistance, (734) 532-1600.
Parents, if you are establishing a place of residence or have completed residency paperwork within Romulus Community School District, and are ready to enroll, please carefully review the info below. Here you will find all of the forms and documents needed to become a RCS student. Click here for information about Kindergarten. Welcome to Romulus Community Schools!
Schools of Choice
Romulus Community Schools is a Schools of Choice District.
- Parents have the option of moving students within the district provided there is space.
- Placement may be denied for students who have been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony.
- Once accepted into RCS, there is no need to apply every year as long as you reside in a qualifying district.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent.
- There are requirements for transfer students. These include: ADD
- At the time of application, families must physically reside in one of the Wayne County school districts but do not need to reside in Romulus.
Where do I enroll my student?
After you complete the required Pre-Enrollment process, new student enrollment is completed at each school building. If a student receives special services, proper documentation needs to be submitted to the Romulus Board of Education.
What do I need?
In order to register your child, you may bring supporting documents, listed below, to your prospective school.
To register your child for school, you must provide the following:
- Student Birth Certificate
- A copy will be made.
- Child's Current Immunization Record
- Michigan vaccinations can be looked up for you
- Out-of-state vaccinations must be provided
- A valid Michigan Driver's License or State ID
- Proof of Residency
- Student transcripts (High School) or most current Report Card (Elementary and Middle School)
- Special Education IEP (most recent), if applicable, to Student Services office at Romulus Board Office.
- Section 504 Documentation, if applicable
- Legal Guardianship papers or Notarized Power of Attorney, if applicable
1. Birth Certificate
A hospital record of birth will Not be accepted. Parents name(s) must be on the birth certificate. Only a parent named on the Birth Certificate or legal guardian (with proper Michigan Probate Court paperwork) may register a student.
2. Child's Current Immunization Record
3. A valid Michigan Driver's License or State ID
4. Proof of Residency
One must be a current mortgage/lease agreement or property tax statement or a Residency Affidavit if living with someone and do not have a mortgage or lease agreement in your name.
In addition, any one piece of business mail with the correct name and address, such as the examples below:
- Cellular statement
- Current bank statement
- Current charge card statement
- Current utility bills
- Current health insurance document
- Current auto insurance document
- Current IRS Information
- Current Employment record
- Current DSS document
- Current Court Document
Examples for those with a Residency Affidavit
* MI Driver's License/State ID
Any piece of business mail within 30 days of registration
* MI Driver's License/State ID and Mortgage Coupon/Property Tax Statement/Warranty Deed, Original Lease
One proof - Utilities, etc.
Please note: All documents must be current within the last 30 days of the registration date. Voter Registration Cards do not count as business mail.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your student.
Building Contact Information
Learn more about RCS through Facebook and YouTube.
Romulus Early Childhood Center
Barth Elementary School
Halecreek Elementary School
Romulus Elementary School
Wick Elementary School
Romulus Middle School
Romulus High School