Due to Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order No. 2020-21, which suspended all in-person government activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, the April 6, 2020 meeting of the Romulus Community Schools Board of Education will be held electronically in accordance with Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order No. 2020-15
, which temporarily suspended the requirement set forth in the Open Meetings Act that a meeting of a public body be held in a physical place available to public or the requirement of the physical presence of one or more members of a public body.
Access to Electronically Held Board Meeting
The public may access the electronic meeting in the following ways:
- Via online live streaming on your computer, tablet, or smartphone at https://youtu.be/BN8CYMrgrGg; and/or
- Via phone at the following number: +1 (978) 633-5407 PIN: 116 715 751.
Participation in Electronically Held Board Meeting
The following are the procedures by which persons may contact Board members to provide input or ask questions about any business that will come before the Board of Education at its April 6th, 2020 meeting:
- Phone-in participants: To make a public comment, state your name and express your comment when called upon to do so.
- Email participants: To make a public comment, email Board President Edward Martell prior to the public comment section of the meeting at email@example.com.
- The time limit for a participant’s public comment shall remain three (3) minutes, unless otherwise determined by the Board.
Access and Participation to Persons with Disabilities
The online video conference live-streamed to YouTube will have closed captioning.
Romulus Community Schools Board of Education will provide necessary and reasonable aids and services to individuals with disabilities who desire information by contacting Nicole Crockett at (734) 430-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.