- Parent Letter for Spring 2019 State Assessments
- 2018 M-STEP Reports Powerpoint Presentation
- What Parents Should Know About Assessments - includes valuable resources
- Michigan's Education Assessment System: What It Is, What It Means, And What It Offers
Provides an overview of state assessments including M-STEP and MME, why they are given and why they are important.
- Parent Guide to State Assessments in Michigan - National PTA
- Student Testing, What Parents Can Do to Help Students Prepare
- Parent/Student Video: Spring 2018 M-STEP Video
This video outlines our 21st Century M-STEP Computer Adaptive Test given to students in grades 3-8 and 11
- M-STEP/MME Parent Report Video
How to read and interpret student scores on their parent report.
- M-STEP: What can students expect? Video
This video provides an overview of what students can expect including types of questions when taking the M-STEP assessment administered in grades 3-8 and 11.
- M-STEP - How to Read Your Child's Score Report for Grades 3-8
- MME - How to Read Your Child's Score Report for Grade 11
- Collaborating for Success - Parent Engagement Toolkit
- Online Practice for M-STEP ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Answer Keys for Mathematics, ELA, Science, and Social Studies included
- Paper/Pencil Sample Item Sets
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) is a computer adaptive test created by NWEA that kids take two to three times per school year. The results provide teachers with information to help them deliver appropriate content for each student and determine each student’s academic growth over time.
NWEA Parent Resources
Parent Guide: Print this one-page handout about MAP Growth for your back-to-school night or parent-teacher conferences
Parent Presentation: Play this simple video explanation of MAP Growth for parents (or new teachers)