Dear Parents and Educators,
Are you looking for a fun, interactive event for you and your students? Look no further than Aerospace Day at the University of Michigan! The fourth semiannual Aerospace Day will be held at the University of Michigan in the Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Building (1320 Beal Ave., Ann Arbor, MI) and will take place on Saturday, April 9 from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm. Also, this event is free!
The U-M Student Chapter of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and the U-M Department of Aerospace Engineering will be sponsoring:
- An exciting display of Michigan aerospace engineering students' class projects, featuring remote-controlled blimp and hovercraft races
- Fun activities for all ages coordinated by our student project teams
- Tours of the Michigan aerospace engineering department labs and Wilson Student Team Project Center
- A large blimp building activity
- Flying blimps and hovercrafts
- Breakfast and lunch for all parents and participants
These activities are designed to work best for middle school students, but older and younger students are more than welcome to participate as well! Older students will also have the option of touring the aerospace engineering department instead of participating in the activities.
Please register here: http://goo.gl/forms/qaVoFv9uUl
We are currently planning on inviting approximately 100 participants, so please register early to ensure your spot at Aerospace Day! If all the spots are filled, we will open up a waitlist registration for those who still want to come in case spots open up.
Please contact us if you have any questions, and we hope to see you at Aerospace Day in April!